Owners and CEOs of Mellow Mood Group, Mr. Sameer Hamdan and Mr. Zuhair Awad were selected among the 50 most influential persons in the Hungarian tourism industry. On the 1st February, 2014 at the 22nd Season Opening Touristic Gala and Award Ceremony, the first edition of the new publication of Tourism Ltd. their professional team collected the most influential persons in the domestic tourism sector, explaining their professional work. The decision was not only based on the size and revenues, but the influence on the tourism, foreign and domestic evaluation.
More than 20 years ago, owners and CEOs of one of the most dynamically developing hotel groups, Mr. Sameer Hamdan and Mr. Zuhair Awad arrived to Hungary as students. The fruit of their work seems to ripen, for their activity they were selected among the most influential persons of the Hungarian tourism.
Editors of the list took the following aspects into consideration:
- 14 operating hotels from hostel to 5-star category (13 in Budapest, 1 in Vienna, among them Sameer Hamdan and Zuhair Awad are the owners of the Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace)
- Several real estate development projects in the capital (hotels, restaurants, premises, business centers)
- More than 431 thousands guest night during a year
- Around 500 employees
- Several foreign and domestic awards for the hotels (TripAdvisor, Hotelbeds, TrustYou, Expedia, International Hotel Awards, Best of Budapest, Turizmus Trend „Iránytű“, etc.)
- In 2010 “Tourism Investors of the Year” award
- In 2012 Golden Cross of Merit of Hungary
- Significant lobby activity to support the work of the Hungarian Tourism Plc. in the Arabic region, and to support the tourism-friendly development of the 5th district of Budapest
- Corporate social responsibility