All you need to know about the COVID-19 related restrictions when traveling to Hungary.
- As of 7 March 2022, the entry restrictions have been lifted, and the general (non-emergency) rules apply to entry and exit from Hungary.
- As of 7 March, the obligation to wear a mask has been lifted, except in nursing homes and social institutions, where masks will continue to be compulsory.
The rules on immunity cards are abolished.
From Thursday 14 January 2022:
- For adults, the quarantine obligation is 7 days, which can be waived after 5 days with a negative test.
- For students who have been vaccinated, the quarantine period is reduced from 10 to 5 days.
Under the previous rules:
- The curfew has been lifted.
- No mandatory closing time for shops and restaurants.
- Free to play sports in public places, both individually and as a team.
- Family events and weddings can be held.
- From Tuesday, 25 May 2021, parking is paid again.
Let’s take care of each other!